"updating" iptc info

Started by pedroparamo, August 17, 2010, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedroparamo

Why is it if I use the shell script (in Mac OS 10.6.4) as follows

do shell script "exiftool '-author=Enrique Cubillo' '/Volumes/Photo [Work]/Entermedia_Conversion/BAD/test/63003E-04.jpg'"

I get the error

error "sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file" number 2

but if I do a "save as" in Photoshop and save the file with the same name, the script runs fine and it sets the author field correctly.

Is there a way around this in exiftool rather than having to resave all my image files? 

Thanks.

Pedro

Phil Harvey

Funny.  I just tried it and this script works fine for me as long as exiftool is installed in the shell PATH and the image file exists.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Oh, I see.  You want the script to work before you write the file from Photoshop.  To do this, you would have to write a Photoshop plug-in I believe.  But I don't know how this is done.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).