MP3 tag values not shown

Started by beatboxer, May 04, 2010, 01:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatboxer

Hi and thanks for the tool.

If a tag has multiple comments (COMM), lyrics (USLT) or text fields (TXXX) only the last one in the tag is displayed. There are many frames that are allowed more than 1 instance in an ID3 tag but these are the only ones I've tested.

EDIT: This is true when dropping mp3 files on exiftool(-k).exe. Multiple values are shown correctly in ExifToolGUI, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Also add one to the request for writing to ID3 tags. That would be brilliant.

Phil Harvey

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think the -a option is what you are looking for to display the duplicate tags.  Just rename the Windows application to "exiftool(-k -a).exe".

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

beatboxer

Thanks for that Phil!

I would also like to see audio file duration in the output. Is this already possible or a feature request?

Phil Harvey

The approximate MP3 duration should already be calculated and shown as the "Duration" tag for MP3 files.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

beatboxer

Thanks Phil,

OK I found I had put in the -e option to suppress composite values. I am not used to thinking of duration as anything other than a simple property of an MP3 file but I suppose it is a calculated value.

I don't get why "Date/Time Original" appears as a composite value though. It looks to be duplicating whatever is in the ID3 year field?

Phil Harvey

The Composite tag name documentation shows what tags are used to derive this DateTimeOriginal tag.  It is done this way for ID3 since the date and time tags are stored separately.  It sounds like your file only stores the year, but there are other tags which would be used if available.

- Phil

autoexec.bat

Is there any way to see multiple ID3 TXXX custom fields while using JSON output mode?

Phil Harvey

Add -G4 to the command.

- Phil