Extract frame GPS from video Gear 360

Started by gecko, September 27, 2020, 07:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gecko

Does Samsung Gear 360 have/support metadata GPS info on a frame by frame basis?

Can exiftool extract it?

I've tried, to no avail. All I get is the 1 GPS coordinate.

StarGeek

Quote from: gecko on September 27, 2020, 07:25:57 AM
I've tried, to no avail. All I get is the 1 GPS coordinate.

What command did you use?  Did you add the -ee (-extractEmbedded) option?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

gecko

exiftool -ee -G3 C:\Users\admin\Desktop\360\360_0048.MP4 > 360_0048.txt

StarGeek

That command would show everything exiftool can extract, though you could narrow it down to just the GPS tags by adding -GPS*

Are you able to provide a short sample, preferable one with some movement so if there is any gps data in the file it will show changes?

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

gecko

Please find below link to a 15 sec sample video (unmodified), using Gear 360 with Location Tags turned on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13HudCDxar9dh2yVZdoGaoZpuLAZ9JnEg/view?usp=sharing

And attached, GPS Tracker Log, turned on for the duration of the video.

Phil Harvey

I've looked at this sample video and I don't think there is timed GPS stored in this file.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

gecko

Thank you for feedback.

Will look for alternate solution, most likely, adding with the GPS logger data.

Any thoughts?

Phil Harvey

If you want to add frame-by-frame GPS data to a video, I don't know how to do that.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Quote from: gecko on September 29, 2020, 08:25:16 AM
Will look for alternate solution, most likely, adding with the GPS logger data.

Part of the problem here is that there is no standard for embedding such data.  Every camera manufacturer does it differently.