No SourceFile ... in imported CSV database / MacOs Catalina

Started by Tristan H, April 15, 2020, 11:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan H

Hi,
I've struggled all day long on the way to import metadatas from a .csv file and I didn't find an issue to my really simple (I guess) problem. I'm working for an french institution and as the Covid stay around I'm working from home and thought it could be the time to import all the metadata on the digitalization we have (the first batch will be about 800 000 images). I'm trying to test on few .jpg first to verify everything's correct and working.

I'm trying to import a csv file but every time I'd have the "No SourceFile..." error. I read a lot on this forum and try different config (lowercase in my .csv, not from the external HDD, made the .csv from scratch, made the .csv from Exiftool import and modified it, etc.) but I still have the error.

I'm working on Mac Os Catalina and the last (11.93) version of Exiftool.

My commands are :
exiftool -csv=/users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/test1.csv /users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/ -r

And then :
MacBook-Pro-de-renardpal:~ renardpal$ exiftool -csv=/users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/test1.csv /users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/ -r -v2
Reading CSV file /users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/test1.csv
Imported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Moses Boyd.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Moses Boyd.jpg')
Imported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Emilie.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Emilie.jpg')
Imported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Moses Boyd 2.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Moses Boyd 2.jpg')
Imported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine poteau.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine poteau.jpg')
Imported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine.jpg')
Imported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/chateau.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/chateau.jpg')
Imported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/RemyD.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/RemyD.jpg')
======== /users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine poteau.jpg
No SourceFile '/users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine poteau.jpg' in imported CSV database
======== /users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Moses Boyd 2.jpg
No SourceFile '/users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Moses Boyd 2.jpg' in imported CSV database
======== /users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/chateau.jpg
No SourceFile '/users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/chateau.jpg' in imported CSV database

I attach my .csv
Thanks

-Tristan

Phil Harvey

QuoteImported entry for '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine poteau.jpg' (full path: '/Users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine poteau.jpg')

but

QuoteNo SourceFile '/users/renardpal/Documents/_tristan/Test1/Marine poteau.jpg' in imported CSV database

Note that "users" is not capitalized.  You should change "Users" to "users" in your CSV file.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

I would suspect that if this was edited in a spreadsheet program, that the spreadsheet "helped" by capitalizing the word users.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Tristan H

Wow so easy... Thanks, it works !

And thnaks Phil for this tool, it's simply amazing ! Having so much fun to learn and use it.