Can I omit parts of a GPX file in order to trim what gets uploaded to GSV?

Started by qroberts, October 31, 2022, 11:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qroberts

Ran into an issue where I uploaded my video to Google Street View where I drove over the same road twice in one video and I didn't get a solid blue line on Street View, whereas all other roads that I didn't drive over more than once were solid lines.

Can I just delete my GSV contribution, edit the GPX file, remove the entries for records that are for the same road, and reupload using VID2GSV? Would this cause GSV to only grab the timeframes in the video I want or will it not care and just treat the next frame as the next GPX entry?

I know the MP4's have the ability to embed 2 SEI messages holding the precision timestamp and time source information associated with each frame in the video. Wasn't sure if this metadata was still present after INSV to MP4 conversion as well as reencoding with ffmpeg to MP4 with 5fps.

What would be the best option here?

If that doesn't work, maybe export the 'complete blue line roads' separately and upload the rest while avoiding overlap? I feel like editing the GPX file would work and omitting the records that are for overlapping roads.

StarGeek

Quote from: qroberts on October 31, 2022, 11:13:24 PMCan I just delete my GSV contribution, edit the GPX file, remove the entries for records that are for the same road, and reupload using VID2GSV? Would this cause GSV to only grab the timeframes in the video I want or will it not care and just treat the next frame as the next GPX entry?

You need to look for a forum that is more centered on Google Street View.  On Reddit, the /r/GoogleMaps subreddit says "This subreddit is for anything and everything concerning Google Maps or any related services such as Google Earth, Google Street View" and it appears to be fairly active.

QuoteI know the MP4's have the ability to embed 2 SEI messages holding the precision timestamp and time source information associated with each frame in the video. Wasn't sure if this metadata was still present after INSV to MP4 conversion as well as reencoding with ffmpeg to MP4 with 5fps.

Since there isn't a standard for embedding GPS data in a video, every manufacturer does it in different ways, sometimes obfuscating the data.  Exiftool currently knows 61 different ways that such data is encodedd.

Because of this, I have yet to see any program that can copy GPS tracks from one video to another. It's almost certain that whatever program you used to convert the video did not copy any GPS tracks (or EXIF data, as the same problem applies).  I know ffmpeg cannot do so.

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).