Wrong hemisphere on longitude readings on 70mai Dashcam

Started by luigymrobles, May 27, 2021, 11:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luigymrobles

Hi,
I'm currently using exiftool for metadata extraction for my computer vision related end of degree project. My usage of the tool has been limited to call "exiftool -ee" within my code to parse the output and get the GPS readings of the dashcam footage.
So far It's worked great for me, until I ran my code for videos recorded by a 70mai device, the only issue being that the longitude readings are being labeled as if they were from the eastern hemisphere, when they should be from the western. So basically the output of my program is the expected, but only mirrored by the greenwich meridian  ;D ;D
I used another program (dashcam viewer) to get the data, and the output of that one is on the correct hemisphere. I really want to implement the metadata extraction with exiftool, because i get more control of how i handle data. I'm guessing this should be an easy fix, stemming from a misread of the sign of the longitude data, any chance this could be fixed in the near future?

Here's a sample video to illustrate my problems (https://we.tl/t-NZuVBoetp2)

Thanks in advance

Phil Harvey

Great.  Thanks for the report and the sample.  This will be fixed in ExifTool 12.27

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

luigymrobles

Great news, thank you so much for the quick reply!