C# Xamarin implementation

Started by Mr87, August 23, 2016, 07:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr87

Hey ExifTool

As Xamarin did not make any tools for writing Exif information, I think it will be a god idea to make this one as a NuGet package for C# / Xamarin
But I can't find the source code, so I want to know, if that is available somehow?

Phil Harvey

I you are asking about the ExifTool source code.  Yes, it is available in the full distribution.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BenHayat

Quote from: Phil Harvey on August 28, 2016, 10:55:41 AM
I you are asking about the ExifTool source code.  Yes, it is available in the full distribution.

- Phil

Hi Phil;

Just to clarify for myself, I had downloaded the current Windows EXE version to use for command line. However, I'm blown away by this product and are you saying you have ported this product as a .Net C# code that can be used with .Net (Either server side ASP or client side Xamarin)?
If not, I think you should and secondly charge for it, to pay for the development and growth of such great product.

But for the time being "Thank You" for producing such great tool!!!
Software Architect & Engineer

Phil Harvey

There are a few examples of .net wrappers for ExifTool here.  I didn't make these.  They just call the ExifTool executable from C#.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).