Error while writing the contentcreatedate

Started by toedeledoe, November 28, 2014, 06:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toedeledoe

Setting the ContentCreateDate Tag on an .mov of .mp4 file gets me an errormessage: "Sorry, ContentCreateData is not writeable". I appearantly need to set this tag in order for my iPad to recognise the video date. I've tried setting every possible date on the .mp4 file with the following command:

Exiftool -tagsFromFile %%~nf.m2ts "-DateCreated<DateTimeOriginal" "-TimeCreated<DateTimeOriginal" "-DateTimeOriginal<DateTimeOriginal" "-FileCreateDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-FileModifyDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-TrackCreateDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-MediaCreateDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-ModifyDate<DateTimeOrignal" "-MediaModifyDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-TrackModifyDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-CreateDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-ModifyDate<DateTimeOriginal"  "-CreationDate<DateTimeOriginal" "-ContentCreateDate<DateTimeOriginal" -overwrite_original %%~nf.mov

Any idea on how to accomplish this?

System: windows 8.1 64 bit
Exiftool: 9.76

Phil Harvey

See the QuickTime tags documentation for details about which tags are writable in QuickTime-format files.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).