PersonInImage to ACDsee

Started by mulu, January 13, 2020, 09:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

When copying tags, each copy argument overrides any previous copies to that tag unless -addTagsFromFile is used.  See the option documentation for details.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

mulu

Phil, I have a file that already has some of those RegionsRegionListDLYAreaH/W/X/Y tags. Then I wanted to add some more by using

exiftool -config acdsee-rs.config "-addTagsFromFile @" ....

However, that still just overwrites all my existing tags. It doesn't append duplicates. What am I doing wrong?

Phil Harvey

You have to use "+<" when copying, or "+=" when writing tags to add to existing tags.  The -addTagsFromFile option adds to the queued tags for writing, not to existing tags.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

maba

Hi, I have read this very interessting issue.
My problem was, that acdsee hat automatically tagges faces wrong. Many faces are easy to identify, becasue the person was not eaven born at this time, and my images are organized in date/time folders.
I tried to delete the acdsee data with this command and it seems to work:
exiftool -config acdsee-rs.config -XMP-acdsee-rs:all= image

After reading this interessting topic, I also tired to manipulate persons in images by writing the RegionInfoACDSeeRegionListName tag.
But acdsee is not recognizing this :-(  I also created in acdsee a new database, then the proposed name is at least empty, but the name I have written with exiftool was never shown ? @mulu: Did it work out for you ?

maba

StarGeek

An updated version of the config file created in this thread can be found here.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).