Bundling exiftool.exe in a .dll for .Net

Started by Curtis, June 09, 2014, 03:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis

Hi Phil,

I have noticed some recent users having questions using exiftool with a .Net wrapper.  I have a wrapper I made and have been using for a while and is stable.  So I decided to make a small demo program that uses it and publish an article on www.codeproject.com that describes the .Net wrapper and includes my source code.

One of the features it has is to include a version of exiftool.exe in it resources so then the wrapper .dll file is the only file needed to be able to make a .Net program that uses exiftool, no external exiftool.exe is needed, but can be used if that option is used.

So my question to you is it OK that I include in the .dll file (and in the .Net Solution resources) a copy of exiftool.exe?  Of course in my source code and in the CodeProject article I would credit you and link to your exiftool website.

Thanks!
Curtis

PH Edit: Changed title to be more descriptive so the .Net people might find this post more easily

Phil Harvey

Hi Curtis,

Quote from: Curtis on June 09, 2014, 03:59:07 PM
So my question to you is it OK that I include in the .dll file (and in the .Net Solution resources) a copy of exiftool.exe?

Absolutely!

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Curtis