Main Menu

Recent posts

Newbies / XMP-dc: Subject
Last post by prestonmcafee - Today at 12:33:22 PM
I'm trying to erase a field XMP-dc: Subject.  The relevant section from the exiftool list:

---- XMP-dc ----
Subject                         : Toni, Zoe Phelps, Sophie
Title                           :
Description                     :

I'm running exiftool using python and the relevant piece is

keywords = ""
subject = ""
files = [docroot+'2005/Apr/66.jpg']
with exiftool.ExifToolHelper() as et:
    # Execute the exiftool
    et.execute(
        f'-EXIF:XPKeywords={keywords}',
        f'-XMP-dc:Subject=subject',
        f'-overwrite_original',
        *files
    )

The code eliminates XPKeywords successfully on jpgs that have that entry, which makes me think the problem is my target of XMP-dc:Subject, but I'm a newbie with exiftool.  I attach the original image and the exiftool output.  Once I learn how to do this, I will apply to 36K images as well as know more about exiftool.
Quote from: wywh on Today at 07:57:17 AMFor a while I was confused to read that because many eastern countries like Japan do not use DST. But then it crossed my mind that you refer to the U.S. east. Doh!

Heh, sorry.  You used -05:00 in your example, so I was trying to indicate that time zone without reference to Standard or Daylight time.

Quote[rant]I wish DST was no longer used anywhere.

I'm with you.
The "exiftool" Application / Re: Add timezone to MOV video ...
Last post by wywh - Today at 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: StarGeek on May 23, 2024, 04:45:38 PMTimeZone is supposed to contain the base time zone without regards to any possible Daylight Savings time change. For example, for Eastern time zone, it should always remain set at -05:00.  The DaylightSavings is the indicator for when the camera is supposed to add an hour or not.

For a while I was confused to read that because many eastern countries like Japan do not use DST. But then it crossed my mind that you refer to the U.S. east. Doh!

[rant]I wish DST was no longer used anywhere. A few  years ago Finland proposed that EU should stop using DST and it was favorably greeted. But then it was buried in EU bureaucrazy and sadly it also locally spurred heated debates whether we should then stick to standard "winter" time or "summer" time  >:( [/rant]

Quote from: StarGeek on May 23, 2024, 04:45:38 PMwriting directly to Time:All is a bad idea because it writes so many tags. Using it with the -wm w is about the only reasonable exception.

I try to keep that in mind although sometimes -wm w -Time:All makes the command much shorter  :)

- Matti
For EOS R5

exiftool -s -G0:2 -a -U -USMLensElectronicMF /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_990[5-8].CR3 
======== /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_9905.CR3
[MakerNotes:Camera] USMLensElectronicMF        : Disable in AF Mode
======== /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_9906.CR3
[MakerNotes:Camera] USMLensElectronicMF        : Enable After AF
======== /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_9907.CR3
[MakerNotes:Camera] USMLensElectronicMF        : Disable After AF
======== /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_9908.CR3
[MakerNotes:Camera] USMLensElectronicMF        : Unknown (3)
    4 image files read

https://cam.start.canon/hy/C003/manual/html/UG-04_AF-Drive_0110.html#AF-Drive_0110_1-1

It appears that "USMLensElectronicMF        : Unknown (3)" is "[Disable in AF mode] Disable in AF mode

Manual focus adjustment is disabled when the lens's focus mode switch is set to AF."

This might vary by type of lens attached.

[MakerNotes:Camera] AFAssistBeam                : Unknown (4)
https://cam.start.canon/hy/C003/manual/html/UG-04_AF-Drive_0090.html#AF-Drive_0090_3

On EOS R5, it appears that "Unknown (4)" is:
"
[LED] LED AF assist beam only

Enables LED AF-assist beam firing by Speedlites equipped with this feature, when these flash units are attached. If your Speedlite is not LED-equipped, the camera's AF-assist beam is fired instead.
"
I just found a solution:
https://exiftool.org/faq.html#Q27
which was mentioned in this post:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/72407154/17058700

Now I'm using the doubled percents in the date expression
exiftool "-FileName<FileModifyDate" "-FileName<CreateDate" -d "%%Y-%%m-%%d_%%%%f.%%%%e" .in a batch file which generates the filename "2017-10-03_ram_1.jpg" which is exactly what I wanted.

So far I'm contented ;)
Hi,

when I print the data of my ram_1.jpg - file I got all the values, see attached log.txt.
The date is printed as (german layout):

Create Date                     : 2017:10:03 11:27:27.069474
Date/Time Original              : 2017:10:03 11:27:27.069474
Modify Date                     : 2017:10:03 11:27:27.069474

I'm searching for hours now in this forum and in Google how to prefix the Exif-date into the filename and it still doesn't work.

E.g. trying
exiftool -d "%Y%m%d-%H%M%%-03.c.%%e" "-filename<CreateDate" .results in
Warning: [minor] Unrecognized MakerNotes - ./ram_1.jpg
    1 directories scanned
    1 image files updated
and creates a file "mHe" (without extension).

Or
exiftool -fileOrder DateTimeOriginal -recurse -extension jpg -extension jpeg -ignoreMinorErrors "-FileName<CreateDate" -d "%Y-%m-%d%%-.3nc.%%e" .results in
Warning: Error rebuilding maker notes (may be corrupt) - ./ram_1.jpg
    1 directories scanned
    1 image files updated
and creates a file "m-e" without extension.

Trying to set the colons in our german date FMT string
exiftool -d "%Y:%m:%d %H:%M%g" "-filename<CreateDate" .reports
Warning: New file name not allowed in Windows (contains ':') - ./ram_1.jpg
    1 directories scanned
    0 image files updated
    1 files weren't updated due to errors

Could you help me how to manage this date prefix into the jpg filename?

I've got so many images and this would help me a lot.  :)

Thanks in advance.
Newbies / Re: Help wih renaming files
Last post by MnM - Today at 01:24:01 AM
I have tried to make this work but I am encountering issues.

Below are the commands that I using to rename and move files:

Prepare files for correct suffix 001, 002 etc
exiftool "-FileName<Datetimeoriginal" -d "%Y-%m-%%.3nc.%%e" -fileorder datetimeoriginal -ext jpg -r Z:/Uploads/PhotosAndVideos/Photos

Rename and move to correct folders
exiftool "-FileName<Datetimeoriginal" -d "Z:/Photos/%Y/%m-%b-%Y/%d-%m-%Y-%H-%M-%S-%%-3f.%%e" -ext jpg Z:/Uploads/PhotosAndVideos/Photos
Next I am trying to run a second pass on the folders created above (so i can rename the suffixes correctly) but I have no idea how to make it scan only the folders (year/months) that were created above.
I need help with this part please.
Newbies / Re: Help wih renaming files
Last post by MnM - May 23, 2024, 07:32:11 PM
Thank you - I guess is not too bad and I can run a second pass to get the numbering correct.
Canon_AFConfig_0x0018

https://cam.start.canon/hy/C003/manual/html/UG-04_AF-Drive_0050.html#AF-Drive_0050_5

Eye Detection
0 disable
1 enable