Bug in FW 1.0.0 of EOS-1D X Mark III breaks CustomFuctions2 (0x0099) processing

Started by drcq, July 17, 2020, 03:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drcq

I found out that the FW 1.0.0 of Canon EOS-1DXmkIII writes wrong counter value for the CustomControls (0x070C) subtag in the MakerNote CustomFunctions2 (0x0099) tag, which breaks the processing of Block 4. This occurs in JPG as well as in CR3 images. Also the subtag TimerLength (0x080C) has been changed and provides now 3 values only.

Exiftool skips processing of the block 4 after recognizing a wrong subtag (0x001F) with wrong length field (0x070F) behind the CustomControls data. This length filed is the next subtag (MultiFunctionLock - 0x070F).

Regards,
Christoph

Phil Harvey

Hi Christoph,

Can you send me a sample so I can see this?  (philharvey66 at gmail.com)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  ExifTool 12.02 will issue a minor warning for this and patch the Canon error.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).