Aligning two photos to my modified date ignoring GPS

Started by leomessi10, July 18, 2020, 07:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Quote from: leomessi10 on July 20, 2020, 03:55:54 AM
This seems to work as expected with photos, but not with videos (and also with a PNG image).

Support of metadata in PNG files is severely lacking in most software.  PNG:CreationTime is most likely to be supported, though Google Photos actually supports EXIF data in PNG files. 

For videos, Quicktime:CreateDate is probably the best one to use, though if you use Apple Photos, Quicktime:DateTimeOriginal seems to get priority but you MUST make sure that the time zone is included otherwise you get very weird results.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

leomessi10

Hey guys, I really don't know what was going on. The "scripts" I provided during this process didn't achieve what I wanted. Only the last one worked to achieve my goals, this is the one:

exiftool -P -v -AllDates= -CreationDate= -DateTimeOriginal= -DateCreated= -Quicktime:CreationDate= -Quicktime:CreateDate= -XMP-photoshop:DateCreated= -XMP-photoshop:DateCreated= -xmp:datetimeoriginal= -IPTC:DateCreated= -IPTC:TimeCreated= -GPSDateTime= -GPSDateStamp= -GPSTimeStamp= -TrackCreateDate= -TrackModifyDate= -MediaCreateDate= -MediaModifyDate= -ContentCreateDate= -ContentCreateDate-heb= *
exiftool -P -v -if '$filetype eq "MOV" or $filetype eq "mov"' -api QuickTimeUT "-FileModifyDate>Quicktime:CreationDate" *

Thank you both for assisting and for all the patience. Going forward I'm thinking of doing a few things:
1. Not relying only on FileModifyDate as my "source of truth", since it can be easily rewritten - for example if I rotate the photo or something. I think that I could indeed use "xmp:datetimeoriginal" to be it. I'm a bit afraid that Apple PHOTOS will be confused, but I can give it a try, what the heck.
2. I could be nice to add GPS location to photos which location is missing, especially those abroad, it will help avoiding this issue. In general, I will probably want always to take the location of the preceding/following photo. Is there an easy way to copy all GPS Location tags from one photo to another one?

Thanks!
Alan

StarGeek

Quote from: leomessi10 on July 20, 2020, 01:48:47 PM
exiftool -P -v -AllDates= -CreationDate= -DateTimeOriginal= -DateCreated= -Quicktime:CreationDate= -Quicktime:CreateDate= -XMP-photoshop:DateCreated= -XMP-photoshop:DateCreated= -xmp:datetimeoriginal= -IPTC:DateCreated= -IPTC:TimeCreated= -GPSDateTime= -GPSDateStamp= -GPSTimeStamp= -TrackCreateDate= -TrackModifyDate= -MediaCreateDate= -MediaModifyDate= -ContentCreateDate= -ContentCreateDate-heb= *

AllDates is a short cut for CreateDate, DateTimeOriginal, and ModifyDate, so when you set -AllDates=, you don't need to clear DateTimeOriginal, Quicktime:CreateDate, or xmp:DateTimeOriginal.

You can use a wild card to trim down the video time stamps.  For example,
-Track*Date= -Media*Date= -Content*Date=

QuoteIs there an easy way to copy all GPS Location tags from one photo to another one?
exiftool -TagsFromFile Source.jpg -GPSLatitude* -GPSLongitude* Target.jpg

This will copy the Latitude and Longitude and the associated Ref tags.  To add Altitude, add -Altitude*.  Or to copy all gps tags, -GPS*.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).