D7000 NEF corrupted files

Started by pwh70, October 13, 2019, 09:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwh70

Hi - found this forum while researching a fix for recently imported corrupt NEF files. On the import to Lightroom 3, the first approximately 40 photos imported cleanly, but from a certain file (and all subsequent files), LR will not copy them. Fortunately I shot in NEF + JPG mode so I do have JPG's of my photos but would love to edit the NEFs if I can import them.

I found the ExifTool but did not see where the D7000 was specifically listed. Is it applicable?

Here is a dropbox link to one of the NEF files if someone has an opportunity to view it. I suspect a card problem here, but thought it strange that the first 40 photos were clean and then there is an issue with the rest of them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wln00x45anctsgl/AACH2Q1rq2XpKetWz7Jfw7A7a?dl=0

thanks,
Paul

Phil Harvey

Hi Paul,

I checked the file you uploaded using ExifTool, Apple Preview and Adobe Lightroom5, and it looked fine to me.  No problems at all

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

pwh70

Phil -

Thanks for checking it out. I was convinced there was a file error, but after your confirmation I retraced my steps. I'm embarrassed to say - it wasn't a file issue, it was a storage (memory) issue!

All set now, thanks again.

Paul