XMP-drone-dji:GPSLongtitude created when using -GPSLong*

Started by StarGeek, November 15, 2023, 04:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Not sure why I haven't noticed this before, but XMP-drone-dji:GPSLongtitude is not marked as avoid and it is created when using a wildcard such as -GPSLong*, which seems to break the preferred location rule.

Example:
C:\>exiftool -P -overwrite_original -all= -gpslat*=40.6892 -gpslong*=-74.0445 y:\!temp\Test4.jpg
    1 image files updated

C:\>exiftool -G1 -a -s -e -gps* y:\!temp\Test4.jpg
[GPS]           GPSVersionID                    : 2.3.0.0
[GPS]           GPSLatitudeRef                  : North
[GPS]           GPSLatitude                     : 40 deg 41' 21.12"
[GPS]           GPSLongitudeRef                 : West
[GPS]           GPSLongitude                    : 74 deg 2' 40.20"
[XMP-drone-dji] GPSLongtitude                   : 74 deg 2' 40.20" W

Going back through older versions, the change happened between 11.24 and 11.28 (I don't have copies of the other versions), though it is likely to be 11.27 as that is when Added support for more XMP-dji-drone tags appears.

And now I'm only just realizing that there's an extra t.  Does this tag actually exist or is it just a misspelling?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Ooops!  Thanks!!  That typo exists in some of the DJI software versions, and I didn't mark it as Avoid because it is the only tag with that name.  I hadn't considered the use of wildcards.  I'll fix this in the next release.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

To be fair, it's my laziness in only typing -GPSLat* and -GPSLong* that brought this up.  I don't think I've actually suggested these as shortcuts on the forums.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).