Combining Exif Tags - CustomRendered and Date Time Original

Started by okeetd, January 16, 2020, 10:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeetd

Hello I am looking to add the custom rendered tag to my date time original tag so that I can differentiate the duplicates created using Apples Portrait Mode.  The custom rendered exif tag identifies these pictures as Portrait HDR which is great, but I don't know how to add that to the script to combine it with Date Time Original.

Here is what I have tried which did not work....

exiftool -ext jpg "-FileName<CustomRendered" "-FileName<DateTimeOriginal" -d "%Y-%m-%d %Hh%Mm%Ss.%%e" "G:\Import Folder\TRIAL RENAME\Portrait Mode Test"

I would like the final output to look like this (Portrait HDR 2019-11-09 18h39m48s.jpg)

Any help would be appreciated

StarGeek

See this example from the Renaming Examples on the doc page for the basic format.

In your case, it would end up something like
exiftool -ext jpg "-FileName<$CustomRendered $DateTimeOriginal" -d "%Y-%m-%d %Hh%Mm%Ss.%%e" "G:\Import Folder\TRIAL RENAME\Portrait Mode Test"

Because you have a space between $CustomRendered and $DateTimeOriginal, there's no need for the braces as in that example (braces are used to separate tag names from adjacent text), but they don't hurt if they're added anyway.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

okeetd