need Help : The ExtractEmbedded option may find more tags in the movie data

Started by pcfan, November 04, 2018, 06:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcfan

I got this error for a mov file , win7 x64  ,  please help, thanks

Phil Harvey

Those are warnings, not errors.  The file wasn't changed because no writable tags were set, as mentioned by the second warning.  What more explanation do you want?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

pcfan

I was trying to rename the file name with the creation dated added to it ,  follow the guitool manual , I click on various  menus and file name  datetime  , and then choose creatdate, and YYMMDD HHMMSS . and the click on Rename .  But this pops up .. So how to rename it ??  Thanks

Phil Harvey

Are you sure that the "CreateDate" tag exists in these files?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dobest

Hi,

I am seeing the same warning together with an error for several files.

Warning: [minor] The ExtractEmbedded option may find more tags in the media data - /[...]/VID_20200521_155910_LS.mp4
Error: No data reference for sample description 0 for Track3 -/[...]/2020-05-21/VID_20200521_155910_LS.mp4

I can't figure out what to do with this. Can you help me?

StarGeek

Quote from: dobest on June 14, 2020, 04:56:28 AM
Warning: [minor] The ExtractEmbedded option may find more tags in the media data - /[...]/VID_20200521_155910_LS.mp4

As said above, this is just a warning that can be safely ignored, a way of letting you know that there may be more data embedded in the file.  For example, in videos, there may be GPS tracking data that can be extracted the the -ee (extractEmbedded) option.  For PDFs, it will give you info about various embedded files, such as images.

QuoteError: No data reference for sample description 0 for Track3 -/[...]/2020-05-21/VID_20200521_155910_LS.mp4

This is an actual error and not one that I have seen before.  Can you make a sample video available?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

csidirop

Hi StarGeek,

do you still want some examples?

The GCam Port on my smartphone also produces such files under certain circumstances. Taking regular videos results in files with filename PXL_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSSMM.mp4. But taking a clip in photomode by long pressing the trigger results in the same naming with LS added before the extension.

With that said, I have the same warnings and corresponding errors like dobest in 2020, for exactly those files.

A quick check with -ee shows a lot of Sample Time and Sample Duration pairs. So my guess is that this video files are a sequence of 0.03s tracks.

StarGeek

I can't do anything with a sample but if you make one available, Phil might look at it if he has time.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

csidirop

Sure, I have two files. One regular recorded without errors and one like I explained (with LS in filename) with errors.
The one is too big (14mb) to attach it, but you can download both files here https://get.hidrive.com/5Gv3Xs6o for a week.

Let me know if I can do anything else.

StarGeek

I think you need to update your exiftool.  Using version 12.39, neither of those files produces any error or warning.  Except for the Warning [minor] The ExtractEmbedded option may find more tags in the media data of course.  And that's not an error.  It's just there to let you know there may be more info in the file that isn't being extracted because the -ee (-extractEmbedded) option wasn't used.  That warning can be completely ignored.

csidirop

Try it again with some parameter containing some QuickTime tags. I'm using v12.40.

Here an example:

exiftool.exe -api QuickTimeUTC "-XMP:DateTimeOriginal<QuickTime:TrackCreateDate"  '.\PXL_20220315_144222868.LS'

StarGeek

Ah, ok.  Phil will have to take a look at that

C:\>exiftool -P -overwrite_original -api QuickTimeUTC "-XMP:DateTimeOriginal<QuickTime:TrackCreateDate" Y:\!temp\aaa\PXL_20220315_144222868.LS.mp4
Warning: [minor] The ExtractEmbedded option may find more tags in the media data - Y:/!temp/aaa/PXL_20220315_144222868.LS.mp4
Error: No data reference for sample description 0 for Track2 - Y:/!temp/aaa/PXL_20220315_144222868.LS.mp4
    0 image files updated
    1 files weren't updated due to errors

edit: missing words.

Phil Harvey

Thanks for this report.  This will be fixed in ExifTool 12.41.  Previous versions were being overly conservative about updating data offsets for unrecognized tracks.  Version 12.40 had a patch to fix this specifically for 'url ' tracks, but 12.41 will extend this to other non audio/video tracks as well.

- Phil