New camera for scuba diving

Started by Alan Clifford, October 14, 2017, 03:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Clifford

Quote from: Phil Harvey on November 29, 2017, 09:33:16 PM
That's pretty deep.  Not only for the camera, but for you too.  The tank won't last very long at that depth, not to mention the no-decompression time limit.  I'm assuming Carribean?  Otherwise can get very dark at that depth.

- Phil

Amazingly light down there but lots of plankton made flash a no no - lots of reflections.  I've been there when it has been clearer;  this is at the Stavronikita north of Bridgetown in Barbados.  My dive computer went to about 3 minutes no decompression time at one stage.  We managed 37 minutes between going down and coming up.

Second dive was in Carlisle bay where there are several purposely sunk wreck in not very deep water (and one real wreck further out).  But we went sea horse hunting.

Phil Harvey

Hi Alan,

Very nice picture!!

You were pushing pretty close to the no-decompression limits.  Easy to lose track when taking pics, so be careful.

Never been to Barbados... got any room for a guest? ;)

- Phil *envious*
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).