Expand code blocks before saving forum posts as PDF

Started by MOL, November 20, 2017, 11:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOL

Phil, I often save interesting forum posts as PDF, but I'm running into an issue on occasions.  When there are long code blocks in the question or answer(s), the block is displayed with a scroll bar.  Which makes sense, of course, but unfortunately it also makes the created PDF file unusable because it doesn't expand the code block mentioned above before saving.  Would it be possible to provide a general display option for your forum that expands all code blocks before displaying them in a thread?  That would be very helpful.

Thanks.

-Uwe

Phil Harvey

Hi Uwe,

It took me a while to find a post with a long code block, but the "Print" button worked to expand this block in the post I tested (rightmost in the line of buttons for each topic starting with "Reply").  This prints the entire topic, I hope this is OK for you.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

MOL

Hi Phil,

the print button was of course the only thing I didn't try ... thanks for the hint.  Looks a bit basic, but works for me.

-Uwe