with -geotag option using .gpx, lat and lon are added but not altitude

Started by emontgomery, January 03, 2018, 01:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emontgomery

Hello-

Excellent software!  Thank you.

I am using v10.64 command line on a PC and am having mixed success geotagging images from a .gpx source. I suspect there's something non-conforming about my .gpx file, but can't identify what; the <ele> tags are there and appear OK, but no elevation info is transferred to the image files.

The command I used is:
exiftool -geosync=-4:0:0 -geotag "c:/home/data/sfm/sandwich/2017_05-04-geotagged/gpx/*.gpx" ./

The output image files were correctly tagged with the horizontal positions, but no GPSaltitude.

The beginning of one of the .gpx files looks like this:
<gpx><trk><trkseg><trkpt lat="41.7667501" lon="-70.4831001"><time>2016-09-21T13:04:32Z</time><ele>24.2</ele><course>-2.5</course><compass>-2.5</compass></trkpt><trkpt lat="41.7668337" lon="-70.4827639"><time>2016-09-21T13:04:39Z</time><ele>34.59</ele><course>-2.16</course><compass>-2.16</compass></trkpt>

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong will be greatly appreciated!

Phil Harvey

Thanks for this report, and for the sample GPX data.  This is a bug in ExifTool that will be fixed in 10.72.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

emontgomery

Lovely, thanks!  I'm glad it wasn't something dumb I missed!  Looking forward to the fix!

Phil Harvey

10.72 is now available.  Hopefully this fixes your problem.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

emontgomery

Thanks So much!  I got v10.75 today, and it worked like a charm!

You get a huge gold star from me, along with much gratitude!

Phil Harvey