Forum moved to a new server

Started by Phil Harvey, February 02, 2018, 07:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

I've migrated the forum to a new server permanently because the hard disk on the old system was showing early signs of death (again -- I had reformatted the disk back in Oct of last year).

Things seem to be working OK now, but please let me know if you notice any problems.

Thanks.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

It seems the forum mails may not be working... I'll see what I can do, but it may be Monday before I can fix this.  (I wrestled with postfix settings for a few hours earlier today and thought I had won the battle, but maybe my victory celebrations were premature.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Well, after few more hours fighting with it this morning the mail seems to be working (for me at least).

- Phil

StarGeek

Send me a test PM.  It should send me an email notification.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

StarGeek

I got the email.  A bit of a delay responding because my cat was sitting on my chest demanding attention :)

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Great, thanks!

(and give the cat a pet or two from me)

- Phil

Phil Harvey

I've moved the server back to the original machine now that the hard disk has been replaced, and I'll use the new server as a backup.

- Phil

stan

Can you enable https for the forum too?

Phil Harvey

Was https working for the backup server?  It looks like it would be a bit of work to enable this.

- Phil