Main Menu

test

Started by Phil Harvey, February 05, 2018, 03:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Phil Harvey

StarGeek

Abort! Abort!
*Klaxons sound*
Dive Dive!
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

:)

I'm trying to sort out a database error I'm getting.  I received about a hundred mails complaining of a forum database error beginning exactly when I left work today. :(

- Phil

Phil Harvey

Test again. still getting errors

StarGeek

Ugg, that's doesn't sound fun.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Now it has stopped as mysteriously as it started.  No idea why, but the forum seemed to be mostly working while this was happening -- I only got one "could not connect to the database" error in my web browser when I tried to log in the first time.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

Phil Harvey

Turns out that the problem is due to mysql exceeding its limit for the maximum number of open files on OS X (which seems to be 1024, and is not configurable).  I am in the process of tweaking the mysql settings to stay below this limit.

The problem was exacerbated by a script which I use to maintain hourly backups of the forum database.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

I think the problem is solved.  See my post here if you are interested in the details.

- Phil

StarGeek

Here's hoping it's fixed for good.