Weird Exiftool errors

Started by ribtoks, September 04, 2017, 06:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribtoks

Hi

I'm using latest "production" Exiftool on Windows (in the Appveyor environment) and I'm getting weird errors from time to time which make my builds crash.

The errors are as following:
Archive/Zip/ZipFileMember.pm did not return a true value at C:/Perl/lib/Archive/Zip.pm line 269.\r\n
Compilation failed in require at -e line 165.\r\n

I'm tracking such errors and just restarting exiftool and everything is fine. The problem is that this error definitely happens when I give exiftool process too small amount of time to run (like 3 seconds) and on the first run it unpacks perl and friends. But now it's 30 seconds and should be enough, but it still fails so I suspect some bugs in recent versions of Exiftool.

StarGeek

This will probably require Phil's attention but it may be a while as he's currently on vacation.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Do you get this error when performing the same operation from the command line?

Also, you may try deleting the temporary files from C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp in case the file was corrupted when extracting from the package.

And it would be useful to know if you have this problem with other versions of ExifTool.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).