Main Menu

Recent posts

Newbies / How to extract the content of ...
Last post by FixEUser - Today at 07:58:15 AM
How can I extract the content of a specific ID3 "User Defined Text" tag?

Imagine you find this content in the tags of your mp3 file:

Album Artist Sort Order         : ABBA
User Defined Text               : (ARTISTS) ABBA
User Defined Text               : (BARCODE) 602498664636
User Defined Text               : (CATALOGNUMBER) 0602498664636
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Album Artist Id) d87e52c5-bb8d-4da8-b941-9f4928627dc8
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Album Id) 6b1d9e00-246f-4701-8f7f-57f7d2d998e6
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Album Release Country) XE
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Album Status) Official
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Album Type) Album
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Artist Id) d87e52c5-bb8d-4da8-b941-9f4928627dc8
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Release Group Id) 1f78ea53-5e9c-46b6-8cd4-9d8a9c547a85
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Release Track Id) 594c05ce-bbb5-45cd-b971-4e268d3b137b
User Defined Text               : (originalyear) 1974
User Defined Text               : (SCRIPT) Latn
Picture MIME Type               : image/jpeg

What is the most easy exiftool-syntax to get the "MusicBrainz Album Artist Id" only?

I learned, that we have the
-a -g0:4options to get something like this:
---- ID3:Copy4 ----
User Defined Text               : (MusicBrainz Album Artist Id) d87e52c5-bb8d-4da8-b941-9f4928627dc8
What exiftool-syntax would it be if the only way to get the content is using "ID3:Copy4"?
Newbies / Help requested - Syntax Confir...
Last post by Povitch - Today at 07:33:17 AM
Hi,

I am trying to do the following with the enclosed syntax. I would appreciate if you could confirm I have it correct. Truthfully, I have so many in such a mess, I am scared to try too much without this confirmation in case I make things worse! Many thanks.

Take a directory and move all the files
- photos (jpg, heic, Raw) including AAE side car files for apples Portrait mode and any edits AND mov files for live photos
-Movie files from iphones etc.
File move to a new directory structure, YYYY MM DD based on the rule where it looks for the original create date on the file (not the last modified - so it doesn't move based on when the file was moved in Finder last)

I want to keep all the files and their sidecars together essentially and take care of any where the file modification date is after the creation date.

Also, if there are duplicate files, I want to move them as well, so I can run a dedupe process post move, and the duplicate files need to be appended with a -1 -2 etc. I will be running this process multiple times and there may be duplicates from run 2 to put alongside a photo from run 1 etc.

I hope all that makes sense?

Here is my syntax:

exiftool -r -d "/some/other/directory/specification/%Y/%m/%d/%%f%%-c.%%e" "-api largefilesupport" -filename<filemodifydate" "-filename<createdate" "-filename<datetimeoriginal"

Newbies / Re: Copy photos into folders b...
Last post by greybeard - Today at 04:10:05 AM
If you are running under MacOS or Linux you could combine exiftool and awk to generate the commands into a file and then run them (has the advantage that you can check the commands before they are run):

exiftool -T -FileName -sep " " -IPTC:Keywords -ext jpg . | awk '{split($0,a," "); for (key in a) { if (key > 1) {print "cp " a[1] " dir2/" a[key] }}}'

This version assumes there are no spaces in the file name or the keywords, all image files are jpg and the subdirectories exist in the dir2 directory (other assumptions could be catered for).

There are probably more elegant ways of achieving what you want.
Newbies / Re: text output with each Regi...
Last post by Iwonder - Today at 04:02:47 AM
there is so much things to understand - I am not a developer - moreover, language is a barrier for me !
As I said, finally I understood how to manage ARGFILE (it's Perl language, is it ?)
Understanding how it fully works, is another kettle of fish...
Then I further tried to reproduce what is working with RegionPersonDisplayName, with my next need : RegionInfoMP (I guess I need in the Argfile "RegionPersonDisplayName" and "RegionRectangle"), but it failed to give me what I need.
What I'd like to get is :
1stpersonName|its 4 rectangles coordinates, then a tab, -Filename
2ndpersonName|its 4 rectangles coordinates, then a tab, -Filename
18thpersonName|its 4 rectangles coordinates, then a tab, -Filename

and if there is no name for a rectangle, a dash instead of the name (but preferably no line in the output)

I tried a few things with no success :(
Could someone help me ?
Last post by AmericanLoco - May 18, 2024, 11:16:35 PM
I ran that command on an image that contains 3 keywords. In FastPhotoTagger, I input the keywords as "Alice; Bobby; Carl"

exiftools using -a -G1 -s reports this
[IPTC]          Keywords                        : Alice, Bobby, Carl
Other Discussion / Re: Netscape Packetized Audio ...
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 05:14:59 PM
You might be right about mixing the two obscure filetypes.  But it would require an actual Netscape Packetized Audio file to compare with. And I was unable to find any such file, as was probably your experience. Practically no information at all except for the multitude of "File extension type" websites, which are all pretty much copy/pasted from each other.
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 04:49:52 PM
Quote from: AmericanLoco on May 18, 2024, 11:49:33 AMEach photo has the people tagged as a "Keyword" with the names separated with semicolons.

You need to figure the tag that holds the data. Use the command in FAQ #3 to figure out the exact tag name and group.

It sounds like it might be XPKeywords, as that saves tags as a semicolon separated string, but if the data instead appears in Subject or Keywords and is still semicolon separated, then the data has been incorrectly written to the files, as those tags are list type tags, where each entry is saved completely separate from the others.  Exiftool will output it as a CommaSpace separated string, but that isn't how they are saved internally.

But it will still be difficult to do.  It would require a shotgun approach similar to what was done here. It would also be useful to know what the maximum number of keywords used in a single file, but for that, the actual tag name is needed.
ExifTool GUI / Re: Updated version of ExifToo...
Last post by dgsjsj - May 18, 2024, 04:07:28 PM
Installed ExifToolGui V6.3.2
I tried it, it works correctly, no errors were found. Thank you. :)
Newbies / Re: Geolocation of all files i...
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: nquental on May 17, 2024, 09:35:41 PMIt seems  "exiftool -api geolocation" is only applicable to a specific file each time?

No, you can mix as many directories and individual files on the command line as you want, limited only top the max length of the command line (a bit over 8,000 characters on Windows, something like 100k characters on Linux/Mac).

For example
exiftool -ISO C:\pictures\Wedding D:\MorePictures\SingleFile.jpg E:\Another\Picture\Directory\

Add the -r (-recurse) option to recurse into subdirectories.  For recursion, see also Common Mistake #2.
Newbies / Re: Extract most tags as numer...
Last post by PaulPanter - May 18, 2024, 01:31:56 PM
Cool. Many thx. Exactly what I want. Haven't found that on a fast search in the documentation.