[10.21+] Exiftool Can't locate Config.pm in @INC

Started by andiling, July 11, 2016, 03:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andiling

Hi,
I'm using exiftool mostly with geotag (http://geotag.sourceforge.net/) which works perfectly up to version 10.20. 10.21/22 do not work anymore with it...
Any clues?
Attached the log file, I'm using Windows 10 x64 Pro.
Thx,
Andreas

Hayo Baan

From the log, it actually looks like you have a problem with your Java setup (a language specific file can not be found), not with exiftool... You can verify the workings of exiftool by simply executing it on the command line.
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

andiling

The missing DE file is not a fatal error (see attached the log with the 10.20 working version) as well as the java setup works with other tools (Android). Anyways, just wanted to tell it.

Hayo Baan

Hmm, interesting. So the Java errors were just a red herring; 10.20 does not produce the @INC error and 10.21 and newer do. I don't have a Windows 10 system so I can't test this, but do exiftool 10.21&10.22 work when used standalone?
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Phil Harvey

Just for fun I tried this using the Windows version of ExifTool 10.22 running under Windows 10:

>"Exiftool(-k).exe" -p "${filename;print 'YES!' if require Config}" a.jpg
YES!a.jpg
-- press RETURN --

So the Config module seems to be packed in the ExifTool bundle.  Your @INC is wrong though.  When ExifTool is running the @INC should contain the temporary directories where ExifTool unpacks its files.  Also, your warning mentions -e, which is a Perl option that Exiftool doesn't use, so I think that the Java script must be executing some other command to produce this warning.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).