Geotagging with the ExifTool GUI?

Started by Chris75, May 26, 2011, 03:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris75

Hello,

Is it possible to do a similar Geotagging (as with the ExifTool described by Phil) also with the ExifTool GUI or is it planned to include the feature in the future?
http://www.exiftool.org/geotag.html

Best regards,
Chris

Phil Harvey

Hi Chris,

You might want to take a look at GeoSetter for this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BogdanH

Hi,

As Phil suggested, GeoSetter seems to be full featured tool for this task.
I've gone quickly thru ExifTool's Geotagging page.. I'll rethink about how to make some use of that for GUI.

Bogdan

PS: It's not that difficult to add some of these commands into GUI. The problem is, right now, I can hardly check if everythink would work as it should -that is, it must be years since I've used my GPS logger... batteries empty, can't find charger, etc.. thus no log file example by hand :-[ -but I'll fix that... just need more time.

Phil Harvey

Bogdan,

I'm on my iPod now so I can't check to give you the names, but I think there are some log files in the t/images directory of the full distribution

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BogdanH

Yes, I've found those files now. They are interesting for me so I can see their structure (=curiosity). Anyway, my charger is on the way, so I'll have file(s) containing "real" log data soon. I simply "need" to work with actual data, to (hopefully) make something usefull out of that.

Bogdan