Google Photos Processing Video Forever - Clear EXIF Data

Started by FrickDude, August 31, 2022, 02:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrickDude

I've been waiting weeks for these Google Pixel 6 Pro videos in 4k at 60 FPS to upload and finish processing. I recorded them on the Pixel 6 Pro, then copied it over to my Pixel with unlimited original backup and then let that upload it. However, the video says processing and it's been weeks. So, I started digging by looked at the EXIF data by dragging the file over the .exe and noticed a couple things that could be causing the issue between Google letting this happen but wasn't sure. After installing via Oliver Betz method, I ran the command exiftool -all= * and tried uploading the output file and wouldn't you know it that did the trick! It uploaded the file and after a couple hours it had processed it with many quality variations to playback in and had the name and was allowed to backup at Original Quality and not consume space. Now, I'm trying to compare the differences to see what 1 identifier the culprit is. One line I notice is the Android Capture Fps that was removed from that last command. However, I cannot figure out how to clear just that out. I've scoured the site and cannot figure that out. Please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

StarGeek

Use the command in FAQ #3 to figure out the name of the tag, not the description.  Tag names never have spaces.  Once you figure that out, then set it to nothing
exiftool -TAG= file.mp4

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

FrickDude

So I figured out the real issue. I discovered the picture files were slightly smaller in size (only a few KBs) after being transferred from the Pixel 6 Pro to the Pixel 3 XL when transferred via Android's "Nearby" feature instead of being copied from the phone to the computer then to the 2nd phone. As soon as I started transferring that way the issue went away and the files were perfect and complete in size.