Total Defeat

Started by YAUN, November 08, 2010, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YAUN

Yup. Total. exiftool -TagsFromFile "BigLongDirectory\DSC_0000.JPG" -Title -Rating -Label "ADifferentBigLongDirectory\DSC_0000.JPG" works just fine. How do you do all files in the LongDirectories? I.E. what is the bloody syntax for exiftool -TagsFromFile "BigLongDirectory\*.JPG" -Title -Rating -Label "ADifferentBigLongDirectory\*.JPG" Yes, the file names are the same in each directory. I don't want directories created or files moved and the documentation has totally defeated me and there are no relevant examples despite hours of reading, gooooogling, and binging. Help and thanks. :-\

Phil Harvey

Try this:

exiftool -tagsfromfile "BigLongDirectory\%f.%e" -Title -Rating -Label "ADifferentBigLongDirectory" -ext JPEG

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

YAUN

Worked just fine. (I know EXIFTool is extremely powerful, sorry I'm unable to handle from-to directory syntax.) Much thanks for the tool and for the help in using it. :)