</rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

In 10.10 I got no GPS tag after applying such file
Now I use 10.83 and I get

GPS Version ID                  : 2.3.0.0
GPS Latitude                    : 0 deg 0' 0.00"
GPS Longitude                   : 0 deg 0' 0.00"
GPS Position                    : 0 deg 0' 0.00", 0 deg 0' 0.00"

...and that is unwanted for my situation. Any idea how to go back for the previous behavior?

Thank you

yarda

I mean, I used to use:

-api 'filter=$_ = undef unless length'

it seems not to be functioning now... How to achieve skipping of empty tags in 10.83?

yarda

In fact, this goes back to https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php/topic,7082.msg35732.html

Phil Harvey

Yes, sorry about this.  You can no longer set the value of a tag to undef with the filter.  This was done to prevent other problems.

Nov. 9, 2016 - Version 10.32
  - Ignore -filter option for a tag if it returns an undefined value

I think the best thing for me to do is to not convert empty GPS coordinates.  And not allow writing empty GPS coordinates.  I'll implement this in ExifTool 10.84.

Thanks for the suggestion.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

yarda

Somewhat '-n' works; however, I liked the idea of omitting empty tags as I have other empty ones in my xml files (for historical reasons), for example <Title></Title> and for that -n does not work, among my tests, I noticed -n effecting only GPS - but I do not have a clue if that has some side effects or not...