Files Windows can't read or write tags from or to - Error 0x88982F63

Started by clearsky, October 29, 2020, 03:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Quote from: clearsky on October 30, 2020, 06:42:39 PM
If there's a possibility of losing metadata then I only want to do this to the affected files, right?

Unless you know that there is custom or unusual EXIF metadata, it should be ok, though maybe add -unsafe as well.  And only run it on jpgs.  You do not want to run it on any RAW type file (NEF, CR2/3, etc).

QuoteAnd because this is a Metadata header issue (presuming the hex is part of that?) then I can't currently apply an -if option to find these files with Exiftool?  Or am I underestimating it again?

You would probably have to wait for the next version of exiftool to test for the Warning condition.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

clearsky

Phil Harvey

Quote from: StarGeek on October 30, 2020, 06:57:11 PM
You would probably have to wait for the next version of exiftool to test for the Warning condition.

It wouldn't be easy to test for this specific warning, which is what you would want to do.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).