Main Menu

Commands for Files

Started by Bluecheese81, May 09, 2021, 07:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluecheese81

Hi! I'm new to Exiftool.

I've been playing around with it, and I was wondering if there was a command to display the files as:

extiftool [Date created (yyyy:mm:dd)] [filename] [size (labeled with the Bs, KBs, MBs, GBs, TBs, etc.)]

Thanks!

Phil Harvey

Something like this?:

exiftool -p "$createdate $filename $filesize" -d %Y:%m:%d DIR

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

If you want additional text, just place it at the appropriate place.  For example, if you want brackets around the tag data, you would use -p "[$filename]".  See the -p (-printFormat) option for more details.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Bluecheese81

Thanks for the responses! I got a message saying that the files could not be read. Could it be something on my end?

StarGeek

It helps if you copy/paste the exact command and output here. Use the code button above to make it easier to read. Otherwise we have no idea what happened on your end.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).