Main Menu

Quicktime data

Started by Dn, February 25, 2024, 02:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dn

(I'm using the GUI exiftoolv6) I have two files of an image taken on an iphone one is the original
and one edited, clearing the metadata of the edited one and importing the metadata of the original works but the quicktime section is missing from the edited version is there any way to copy the quicktime data to the edited version

(Sorry for the long writeup any help would be appreciated)

StarGeek

I can't help with the GUI, but on the command line you would use
exiftool -TagsFromFile Source.mp4 -All:All Target.mp4

But take note that probably not all data will be copied.  EXIF data is non-standard in video files and every camera company inserts it in different ways, so none of that will be copied. Similarly, GPS data is non-standard and exiftool knows about 68 different ways it can be embedded, so that also will not be copied.

Some cameras put data at the very end of the file, and I don't think that will be copied.

If you need help with the GUI, I can move this post to the GUI forum.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Dn

Ok thank you for the advice i'll try the command line

FrankB

I just tried it in GUI. (V629)

- Select the Source File
- From the menu choose Export/Import
- Copy Metadata from Single file.
- CLick OK
- Type *.* in the filename box
- Now select the target file.

The command that GUI uses:

-echo4 {ready40} -CHARSET FILENAME=UTF8 -CHARSET UTF8 -v0 -overwrite_original -sep * -m -c %.6f° -API WindowsWideFile=1 -TagsFromFile Source_File -All:all -ICC_Profile Target_File -execute40

So that matches Stargeek's command. (Except for the -ICC_Profile that is always added when you check 'import ALL Metadata')

Notes:
- To see the commands ExifToolGui uses first click on 'Show Log window'.
- It has helped me sometimes to first remove the metadata of the target file. (Modify/Remove Metadata)

FrankB

Quote from: StarGeek on February 25, 2024, 02:59:28 PMIf you need help with the GUI, I can move this post to the GUI forum.

Already replied, and then noticed this. sorry!

StarGeek

Quote from: FrankB on February 26, 2024, 05:33:07 AMI just tried it in GUI. (V629)

I can't tell if you are saying there is still a problem or not.

Since I can't help with the GUI, I'll move this to the GUI forum.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

FrankB

Quote from: StarGeek on February 26, 2024, 11:00:16 AMI can't tell if you are saying there is still a problem or not.
Me neither. I just wanted to make clear what actions to take in GUI to execute the command as you suggested.