Main Menu

Recent posts

The "exiftool" Application / Re: trying to change original ...
Last post by StarGeek - June 02, 2024, 07:47:58 PM
Where is the problem?  Is exiftool returning an error?  Are you checking for change with exiftool or are you using some other program to look at the data?

Canon CR3 files are tricky, as they are based upon the MP4 format instead of the TIFF format like CR2 files. This means that some of the time stamps are saved as UTC. So if you are in a different time zone than where the image was taken, there might be a difference, depending upon the program.

Use this command to look at all the time stamps in the file
exiftool -time:all -G1 -a -s file.cr3
The "exiftool" Application / trying to change original time...
Last post by cheendwa - June 02, 2024, 07:26:02 PM
I've tried to follow recommendations in other threads to change the original time to 6 hours earlier (forgot to change time zone setting).

I created a folder c:\tocorrect and created a batch file with the single instruction:

exiftool -DateTimeOriginal-="0:0:0 6:0:0"c:\tocorrect1

Am I missing something?
The "exiftool" Application / Re: Change Lens Model
Last post by JorgeNelson.S - June 02, 2024, 07:17:34 PM
It worked perfectly, thank you very, very much.
Newbies / Rename MP4 files based on shif...
Last post by John Derbyshire - June 02, 2024, 07:08:45 PM
Hi all, I'm trying to rename a folder full of MP4 files to reflect FileModifyDate but with the date/time shifted back 6 hours to reflect the different time zone at the time the footage was taken.

I know I can use the following to set the filenames based on the current value of FileModifyDate:

exiftool '-FileName<FileModifyDate' -d '%y%m%d %H%M%S%%-c.%%e' .

But how do I shift the time, ideally without overwriting the current value of FileModifyDate (so that the rename process is repeatable)?
The "exiftool" Application / Re: Change Lens Model
Last post by StarGeek - June 02, 2024, 07:07:26 PM
Tag names in the -if expression are prefixed by the $ symbol.

C:\>exiftool -G1 -a -s -LensModel y:\!temp\Test4.jpg
[ExifIFD]       LensModel                       : DT 0mm F0 SAM

C:\>exiftool -P -overwrite_original -if "$exif:lensmodel eq 'DT 0mm F0 SAM'" -exif:lensmodel="Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L FISHEYE USM" y:\!temp\Test4.jpg
    1 image files updated

C:\>exiftool -G1 -a -s -LensModel y:\!temp\Test4.jpg
[ExifIFD]       LensModel                       : Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L FISHEYE USM
The "exiftool" Application / Re: exiftool not editing SOME ...
Last post by StarGeek - June 02, 2024, 07:01:58 PM
Quote from: trudge on June 02, 2024, 05:24:14 PMThe Title of a document was pulled from an sqlite database, and some of the titles ended with a question mark (?). This confused the bash script, because it was trying to use the title as the filename to open.

This if file globbing, I believe. If so, then you should also watch for asterisks as well.  And maybe you could escape them or quote them instead of deleting?
Newbies / Get the files without creation...
Last post by tonic8 - June 02, 2024, 05:27:44 PM
Hello

just discover that Exiftool had some possibilities without coding a script. So my question is:

using only exiftool parameters and command, is it possible to scan a folder, find ONLY the images without creationdate/DateCreated tag and set an arbitrary one? (and don't touch the other image with already tag in place)

the project: i have a folder with 2022 images, somes are perfectly tagged, but somes sent by friends are missing the date, i want to put 2022-01-01 00:01:00 on all the images without creationdate/DateCreated tag set.

or i have to run a first exiftool comamd to read and select the files and apply a second exiftool command to set the date?

Thanks a lot for your ideas
:)
Last post by trudge - June 02, 2024, 05:24:14 PM
I believe I've discovered the problem. The Title of a document was pulled from an sqlite database, and some of the titles ended with a question mark (?). This confused the bash script, because it was trying to use the title as the filename to open. I updated the DB to delete the '?' from any titles. And so far the script has run without throwing errors.

A learning opportunity for me certainly, and maybe for others.
The "exiftool" Application / Change Lens Model
Last post by JorgeNelson.S - June 02, 2024, 05:09:23 PM
For use in prompt (.BAT), is this syntax correct? I can't make it work.

exiftool -if "-exif:lensmodel eq 'DT 0mm F0 SAM'" -exif:lensmodel="Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L FISHEYE USM" -r E:\MyDIR

I'm definitely getting confused with the quotation marks

Tanks.
Last post by StarGeek - June 02, 2024, 04:46:29 PM
I'm not sure what we can help with. If the file can be edited correctly from the command line, then that seems to indicate there's a problem with your script some place.  And even if you shared the script, that isn't something I can help with since I'm on Windows and know nothing about bash scripts, but someone else might see a problem.