Warning: Info object (22 0 obj) not found

Started by Chris3333, February 04, 2023, 09:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris3333

Warning: Info object (22 0 obj) not found at offset 198013

and on another file:

Warning: Info object (83 0 obj) not found at offset 3039393

I use this on a monthly basis, and it was working fine on previous PDFs (and I checked it does not produce errors on last month's files)
So I assume this is tied to a different pdf file format

Ubuntu user here.

Thanks

Phil Harvey

Hi Chris,

This is most likely a problem with the software that wrote the PDF, but if you want to send me the files I'll take a look at them.  (philharvey66 at gmail.com)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Looking further into this (here), you could get this warning with versions of ExifTool older than 11.94.  Update to a newer version if this is the case here.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Chris3333

hi Phil,

thanks for the quick reply.
I use ubuntu and the version was 11.88.
I downloaded the current v12.xx version to give it a try
I just am not quite sure i did it properly. I donwloaded the file and extracted all files in the directory where i usually call exif and issued a ./exiftool instead of exiftool (which call /usr/bin/exiftool), however i am not sure if there is a risk of some wrong library being called (ie could ./exiftool use library which were not updated, due to /usr/bin/exiftool being installed on my system at version 11.88). I have limited time to invest into understanding what happened here (and i am not fluent with this environment).

Anyway, same punishment. I hope you can confirm my test was not done properly. This is client confidential data and i cannot share the file.....  :-[

Phil Harvey

Run ./exiftool -ver  This will give you a warning if you are using the wrong libraries.  But as long as the contained "lib" directory is in the same directory as "exiftool", you should be good.

- Phil

Chris3333

Hi Phil,
I did a quick test, it seemed to work, then to fail, then to work partially (more, other messages, but I could not tell in the short time if the message were on exif's or my end).
I'll come back after i will have spent some dedicated time on this - not before the end of the week though.
Maybe over the week end.
Thanks for being so responsive, though. We talk soon

Chris3333

Hi Phil,

apologies for not coming back earlier.
I have not done any further testing but used the tool in the meantime, and it just worked, so I do not see much value at this stage to do any more testing...

Thanks for this tool and for your support.