EXIF data: Shutter speed and apertrure for video?

Started by BG Davis, May 12, 2019, 12:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BG Davis

Hello, All,
I just started using ExifTool and it is a great thing to have.
I often want to find the settings that I used to shoot video, to see what worked best under certain conditions.  Is there any way to use ExifTool to see shutter speed and apertrure for video?
Also, is there a way to copy all the data in the ExifTool window?  I've tried various keys but nothing seems to work.
Thanks in advance.

StarGeek

Quote from: BG Davis on May 12, 2019, 12:41:56 PMIs there any way to use ExifTool to see shutter speed and apertrure for video?

If the data is embedded in the file, it will show up in the output.  Not all cameras will embed this data and it will probably be lost if the file is processed in some way.

QuoteAlso, is there a way to copy all the data in the ExifTool window?

Assuming you're using Windows and dragging/dropping files, then just click in the window, hit CTRL+A then ENTER.  The results should be copied to the clipboard.  If you run exiftool in a CMD window, you have more flexibility.  Appending |clip to a command will pipe the output into the clipboard.  Adding >C:\Path\to\Output.txt (replace the whole path with the actual location you want an output file) will redirect the output to a text file.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

BG Davis

Thanks.  I tried your first suggestion (which was what I had tried before) and it doesn't work.
--When I enter Ctrl-A the characters [^A] appear.
--When I hit [Enter] the ExifTool window disappears
--When I put the cursor on a document and enter [Ctrl-V] or right-click and select Paste, nothing happens.  (If I previously copied something else, that something else is the only thing on the clipboard.)

BG Davis

Quote from: StarGeek on May 12, 2019, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: BG Davis on May 12, 2019, 12:41:56 PMIs there any way to use ExifTool to see shutter speed and apertrure for video?

If the data is embedded in the file, it will show up in the output.  Not all cameras will embed this data and it will probably be lost if the file is processed in some way.
I was afraid of that.
QuoteAlso, is there a way to copy all the data in the ExifTool window?

Assuming you're using Windows and dragging/dropping files, then just click in the window, hit CTRL+A then ENTER.  The results should be copied to the clipboard.  If you run exiftool in a CMD window, you have more flexibility.  Appending |clip to a command will pipe the output into the clipboard.  Adding >C:\Path\to\Output.txt (replace the whole path with the actual location you want an output file) will redirect the output to a text file.

StarGeek

Strange.  I just double checked here and it worked.  What version of Windows are you using?

You may have to try and use CMD.  Or create a BAT file.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).