Web page "mistakes.html" missing in ExifTool version 12.39

Started by Wolfhard Reimer, February 03, 2022, 05:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfhard Reimer

Hello!
On my CentOS 7.9 MATE system I have just installed ExifTool version 12.39. I followed the installation instructions given at https://exiftool.org/install.html for Unix platforms. The installation executed without problems.
I found that the web page "Common Mistakes when using ExifTool" is missing in the html folder of the full installation package.
I have not looked for other missing web pages.
Best regards
Wolfhard Reimer

Phil Harvey

Hi Wolfhard,

Yes, mistakes.html isn't in the distribution.  There are a number of pages on the server that aren't in the distribution, but perhaps it makes sense to include mistakes.html since it is referenced from index.html.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll add it in the next release.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Wolfhard Reimer

Hi Phil!
Thank you very much for the quick answer. How to close the topic?

Phil Harvey

There is no way to mark a topic as closed.

If you want closure, you can submit a github issue, but I prefer forum posts over github.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).