Transition from Windows Live Photo Gallery (WLPG) to ACDSee 2021

Started by miweb, April 03, 2021, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

I'm not sure I quite understand the question but usually the region dimensions are 5-7 decimal places which keeps an accuracy to significantly less than the size of a pixel.  The conversions themselves are very simple mathematical formulas.  In most cases you can convert from MS Regions->IPTC Regions->MWG/ACDSee Regions->MS Regions and end up with the same numbers.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

robertklink

After digesting this thread more carefully, I think that I just need to figure out what region type (MPR / IPTC / MWG) Picasa used when it stored the face tag info in the metadata - and use the associated command with StarGeeks conversion config file.

I attached one sample file. Below is an exiftool excerpt of the region-related data from it. Can you identify which conversion I should be using?

JPEG APP1 (1339 bytes):
  + [XMP directory, 1310 bytes]
  | XMPToolkit = XMP Core 5.1.2
  | ModifyDate = 2021-03-22T02:49:12-07:00
  | RegionAppliedToDimensionsW = 2640
  | RegionAppliedToDimensionsH = 1980
  | RegionAppliedToDimensionsUnit = pixel
  | RegionName = Bob Klink
  | RegionType = Face
  | RegionAreaX = 0.307576
  | RegionAreaY = 0.599495
  | RegionAreaW = 0.486364
  | RegionAreaH = 0.777778
  | RegionAreaUnit = normalized
  | RegionName = Patricia Klink
  | RegionType = Face
  | RegionAreaX = 0.767045
  | RegionAreaY = 0.458333
  | RegionAreaW = 0.464394
  | RegionAreaH = 0.878283
  | RegionAreaUnit = normalized

StarGeek

Picasa used MWG regions.  Windows photo gallery used Microsoft (MS) regions.  ACDSee uses their own ACDSee regions and can load MWG regions.  AFAIK, there hasn't been a program that will read/write IPTC regions.

ACDSee can also read MWG regions.

Using the convert_regions.config file you can convert freely between IPTC, MWG, and MS regions.  Using the ACDSee config file linked above, you can convert any of those regions into ACDSee regions.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Malus

Quote from: StarGeek on May 09, 2021, 02:34:00 AM
But there's already plenty of deal breakers for me to use it.  Database is set to C:\User\<username>\AppData\Local\ and I can't find a way to change it.   ...  Also adds in a right-click context menu for Windows directories and no apparent way to disable it.   ... Also, a tray icon that is there even when the program isn't running. 

All this can easily be changed, but this is the wrong forum. Ask at https://forum.acdsee.com/forum

malus