segmenting the data in excel

Started by A_S, January 20, 2024, 08:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_S

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am looking to export my exif data to excel and came across a command line on another forum (and couldnt manage to sign up and ask the question there..!)

However when I import into excel I have no way to split the data/de-limit the data into different columns accuratly. Obviously if I use space then I get inconsistant columns and the data is a mess

is there some character I can put into this command line string in order for me to import into excel and use that character to split into accurate columns, so that the full lens name is in one column, the focal length in one column and so forth

exiftool -r -T -FileName -OwnerName -FNumber -ExposureTime -ISO -CameraTemperature -FocalLength -WhiteBalance -LensType -MinFocalLength -MaxFocalLength -LensSerialNumber -FocusMode -MeteringMode -AFPoint -SerialInfo -CanonExposureMode -FileNumber -CanonModelID -TimeStamp -TargetDistanceSetting -SerialNumber -createdate "D:\lightroom\Laptop photos" > d:ExifToolExif_20200325_1.csv

Any suggestions appreciated.

Phil Harvey

You should look into the -csv option.  See FAQ 12.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

A_S

Great - thanks, I knew there must have been a quick way. Sorted thank you very much