Metadata Tag names for user defined filelist

Started by Merlingg, February 08, 2024, 04:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlingg

Where to find the right tag names for all the metadata listed in the GUI window on the right, in order to add them in a user defined filelist? (cf. attachment)
Existing examples in the GUI are:
-exif:DateTimeOriginal      for DateTime
-exif:CreateDate            for CreateDate
-xmp-xmp:Rating             for Rating
-xmp-dc:Title               for Photo title
-file:FileTypeExtension     for FileType (I found out by trial & error)

Wo findet man denn die richtige Bezeichnung für all die Tags, die rechts unter Metadata aufgelistet sind, um sie in einer benutzerdefinierten Fileliste aufnehmen zu können? (siehe Anhang)

FrankB

Hello Merlingg,

I think the easiest way is this:

- Set the Metadata display to Exif, XMP or IPTPC
- Find the data you're looking for. It searches for both Names and Values. Press Enter to find the next occurrence.
- The line found is high-lighted
- Right click on that line, and click on 'Add Tag to FileList Details'.

Edit: It is mentioned briefly in the Online Documentation:
https://github.com/FrankBijnen/ExifToolGui/blob/main/Docs/ExifToolGUI_V6.md#pop-up-menu-in-metadata-panel

Frank

add_user.jpg

Merlingg

Great! Big thankyou, Frank!

But one thing was missing for me: MOV- and MP4-files didn't have any data under Exif, Xmp or Iptc. So, initialized by your input, I elaborated some more on this and found out how to add the needed tags for my movies:
-FileCreateDate
-FileModifyDate
-QuickTime:CreateDate
-Keys:CreationDate

Klasse! Vielen Dank, Frank! Now it works for me  :)

FrankB

Gern geschehen Merlingg,

Thinking about it again, I see no reason why adding from 'All Metadata' should not possible. I have enabled that in code. And it seems to work.
Will be available in a next release. Dont know yet when the next release will be.

Frank