Main Menu

Recent posts

Newbies / Re: Copy photos into folders b...
Last post by greybeard - Today at 04:10:05 AM
If you are running under MacOS or Linux you could combine exiftool and awk to generate the commands into a file and then run them (has the advantage that you can check the commands before they are run):

exiftool -T -FileName -sep " " -IPTC:Keywords -ext jpg . | awk '{split($0,a," "); for (key in a) { if (key > 1) {print "cp " a[1] " dir2/" a[key] }}}'

This version assumes there are no spaces in the file name or the keywords, all image files are jpg and the subdirectories exist in the dir2 directory (other assumptions could be catered for).

There are probably more elegant ways of achieving what you want.
Newbies / Re: text output with each Regi...
Last post by Iwonder - Today at 04:02:47 AM
there is so much things to understand - I am not a developer - moreover, language is a barrier for me !
As I said, finally I understood how to manage ARGFILE (it's Perl language, is it ?)
Understanding how it fully works, is another kettle of fish...
Then I further tried to reproduce what is working with RegionPersonDisplayName, with my next need : RegionInfoMP (I guess I need in the Argfile "RegionPersonDisplayName" and "RegionRectangle"), but it failed to give me what I need.
What I'd like to get is :
1stpersonName|its 4 rectangles coordinates, then a tab, -Filename
2ndpersonName|its 4 rectangles coordinates, then a tab, -Filename
18thpersonName|its 4 rectangles coordinates, then a tab, -Filename

and if there is no name for a rectangle, a dash instead of the name (but preferably no line in the output)

I tried a few things with no success :(
Could someone help me ?
Last post by AmericanLoco - May 18, 2024, 11:16:35 PM
I ran that command on an image that contains 3 keywords. In FastPhotoTagger, I input the keywords as "Alice; Bobby; Carl"

exiftools using -a -G1 -s reports this
[IPTC]          Keywords                        : Alice, Bobby, Carl
Other Discussion / Re: Netscape Packetized Audio ...
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 05:14:59 PM
You might be right about mixing the two obscure filetypes.  But it would require an actual Netscape Packetized Audio file to compare with. And I was unable to find any such file, as was probably your experience. Practically no information at all except for the multitude of "File extension type" websites, which are all pretty much copy/pasted from each other.
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 04:49:52 PM
Quote from: AmericanLoco on May 18, 2024, 11:49:33 AMEach photo has the people tagged as a "Keyword" with the names separated with semicolons.

You need to figure the tag that holds the data. Use the command in FAQ #3 to figure out the exact tag name and group.

It sounds like it might be XPKeywords, as that saves tags as a semicolon separated string, but if the data instead appears in Subject or Keywords and is still semicolon separated, then the data has been incorrectly written to the files, as those tags are list type tags, where each entry is saved completely separate from the others.  Exiftool will output it as a CommaSpace separated string, but that isn't how they are saved internally.

But it will still be difficult to do.  It would require a shotgun approach similar to what was done here. It would also be useful to know what the maximum number of keywords used in a single file, but for that, the actual tag name is needed.
ExifTool GUI / Re: Updated version of ExifToo...
Last post by dgsjsj - May 18, 2024, 04:07:28 PM
Installed ExifToolGui V6.3.2
I tried it, it works correctly, no errors were found. Thank you. :)
Newbies / Re: Geolocation of all files i...
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: nquental on May 17, 2024, 09:35:41 PMIt seems  "exiftool -api geolocation" is only applicable to a specific file each time?

No, you can mix as many directories and individual files on the command line as you want, limited only top the max length of the command line (a bit over 8,000 characters on Windows, something like 100k characters on Linux/Mac).

For example
exiftool -ISO C:\pictures\Wedding D:\MorePictures\SingleFile.jpg E:\Another\Picture\Directory\

Add the -r (-recurse) option to recurse into subdirectories.  For recursion, see also Common Mistake #2.
Newbies / Re: Extract most tags as numer...
Last post by PaulPanter - May 18, 2024, 01:31:56 PM
Cool. Many thx. Exactly what I want. Haven't found that on a fast search in the documentation.
Newbies / Re: text output with each Regi...
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 01:29:46 PM
Being inexperienced in a subject is not dumb.

It's taken me a literal decade to get to know exiftool as well as I do, and there are still things I don't know or have enough experience in to provide answers for.
Newbies / Re: Extract most tags as numer...
Last post by StarGeek - May 18, 2024, 01:25:22 PM
Use the # version of the -n (--printConv) option to extract specific tags as their raw values
-Model -FocalLength -FNumber -ISO -ExposureTime# -LensID# ...