Cannot enter multiple values in workspace

Started by Grongok, May 03, 2024, 11:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grongok

By default there are several multiple value fields defined in workspace: `Keywords±` and `Type±`.

When I enter eg `+mykeyword` into Keywords edit form, all keywords are removed and replaced with `+mykeyword`. The same happens with eg `-word`: all keywords replaced with `-word`.

The same happens using other multiple value fields like `Type±`.

Am I doing something wrong?

Win10 22H2 19045.4291 / exiftool 12.84 / exiftoolgui V6.3.1.0 64 Bits

FrankB

FrankB

Hello Grongok,

Using the default Workspace settings (I removed them from the INI file) I can not reproduce it.

Please provide:
- Your INI file, or use 'Program/Workspace definition file/Save' and provide that.
Note: the ± sign in the INI file should be ALT-0177 (Hex 0xB1)

- The output from the log window, while you execute the commands.
- What file(type)s are you working on?

If you have privacy concerns, send me the info in a PM

Frank

Grongok

I've had another go and see now how it works.

When I enter a value into eg 'keywords' edit form and press Enter, current keywords are replaced by the entered value(s) in the edit window as described in initial post.

I then have to save the edit. Keywords are updated correctly with 'dog' added to previous keywords.

I thought what I was seeing in the edit window was what was going to be saved to file. I didn't save the edits because I believed that it would replace Keywords with all I could see in edit window.

I apologize for raising a non-issue. I appreciate the work gone into making a useful tool.

Having said that - and hoping I'm not making another stupid comment  :-[ - when I enter eg +dog into the edit form at the bottom and press Save, nothing happens.

The Help docs say, "When you're finished with editing metadata values, click on Save button."

However, I also see it says a little later, "Enter, Starts editing the field, confirms editing the value." This is what needs to be done. Edit the value, Press Enter, then click Save.

Thanks again for a great tool.

FrankB

Thanks for your feedback.

BTW. You can also use CTRL-S instead of the Save button.