About the problem that the value of scripOffsets changes after deleting and addi

Started by beiwei, September 12, 2023, 07:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beiwei

I am using win10, exiftool version 12.65. Now I need to remove some tags such as Orientation, fillorder, etc. At the same time by modifying. Exiftool_config.config adds a Sampleformat tag.
But now I have a problem, when the tif image is modified after the tags, the value of the stripOffsets of the file changes, as shown in the following figure. The original image is shown on the left and the modified image is shown on the right.
Compared with the format of tif picture, I found that the format of the modified picture after exiftool should be ifh+ifd+imagedata, while my original picture is ifh+imagedata+ifd. How should I modify the source code and which function should I modify? To get the effect I need?
Thanks for your apply!

StarGeek

This will require an answer from Phil.  He's currently away for at least a few more days.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

beiwei

Quote from: StarGeek on September 12, 2023, 01:05:10 PMThis will require an answer from Phil.  He's currently away for at least a few more days.
Thank you very much for your reply. I look forward to Phil's reply.

Phil Harvey

What you are asking would require significant changes to the code, with no benefit for most users.  I don't think I should be spending my time answering questions like this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).