Command Line batch file

Started by RiversideKid, February 18, 2024, 04:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiversideKid

My command line works most of the time, but at times some photos just vanish without a trace.  Here is my command line, any thought on what is happening?

exiftool "-FileName<SubSecCreateDate" -d "%%Y%m%%d %%H%%M%%S %%3f.%%%%le" -r "\\NAS\Photo"

For years this line worked, but after a computer upgrade (hardware not software) this stopped working:
exiftool.exe "-filename<CreateDate" -d "%%Y%%m%%d %%H%%M%%S%%%%-c.%%%%le" -r "\\NAS\Photo"

SOMETIMES I find the photos in an odd named folder at the root of my user profile.

I just want a batch file that renames the photos.  The batch file is run by Scheduled Tasks and run as the signed in user, me.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you in advance!

Phil Harvey

Which command line are you using?

But regardless, neither command should move a file anywhere since I can't see any way you could get a "/" into the file name with the date formatting that you are using.

However, I could see a problem if you try to rename a file as it is being written.  Do you have any interlocks to prevent this from happening?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).