Main Menu

Recent posts

Oops.  Typo at my end.  The tag is called Geolocate.  "Geolocation" is the API option.  I've made that mistake a few times.  I'll fix my previous post.

- Phil
Metadata / Re: AFInfo Tags for Pentax K3-...
Last post by Phil Harvey - Today at 01:37:46 PM
This shouldn't be too hard to find.  If more than 1 AF point may be active at the same time, then the 101 AF points may be represented by the bits in 13 bytes.  But presumably there is also a primary AF point that may be represented by a single byte.  If you can shoot a series of 8 images I may be able to figure it out.  If we number the AF rows by letter A-I and the columns 1-13, then samples with AF points in this sequence would be good: A1,A2,A3,A13,B1,B2,E7(center),I13.  (For reference the picture you posted uses A11.)  You can email the samples to me: philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
Quote from: Phil Harvey on Today at 01:14:31 PMThe -geolocation=geotag feature is used if you are geotagging from a GPS track log.  If the file already contains GPS, probably you should use "-geolocation<gpsposition"

Ah, good to know **takes notes**
Newbies / Re: How to provide a tag value...
Last post by Phil Harvey - Today at 01:23:42 PM
The only alternatives here are to override ExifTool's WhitePoint definition with a user-defined tag that does the conversion you want, or to do the conversion to floating point before calling ExifTool.

- Phil
Newbies / Re: How to export .txt file in...
Last post by Phil Harvey - Today at 01:19:21 PM
Adding -w txt to the command will save the output in a FILENAME.txt file for each processed file.

- Phil
The -geolocate=geotag feature is used if you are geotagging from a GPS track log.  If the file already contains GPS, probably you should use "-geolocate<gpsposition"

- Phil

Edit: Fixed incorrect tag name
Newbies / How to provide a tag value in ...
Last post by jnagy - Today at 12:00:04 PM
I am trying to set the WhitePoint and a few other tag in my image and have the values I want in hex. How can I provide hex values to exiftool?

For example, I have hex value `00000C37 00002710 00000CDA 00002710` that I want to use as my WhitePoint but am unsure how to provide it to exiftool. I know I can convert it to decimal like the following but keeping it in hex is simpler for me.
exiftool -WhitePoint="..., ..." image.jpgThanks!
Quote from: StarGeek on May 25, 2024, 10:52:56 AMRun exiftool on the json file with the command in FAQ #3 to figure out the actual tag name for the name entry.

Then copy it into the image file, replacing "JSONTAG" with the actual tag name you discovered from above

You first need to figure out what tag name you need to replace "JSONTAG" with. Given the snippet you've shown me, the tag your looking for should end with "PeopleName", but I have no idea what will the first part of the tag name will be
Thanks for the help, but I have been unable to get this wot work.

exiftool -TagsFromFile %d%f.json -ext jpg -sep ", " "-PersonInImage+<JSONTAG" /path/to/files/
Since the "JSONTAG" is an array of values,

"people": [{
    "name": "Jane Doe"
  }, {
    "name": "John Smith"
  }],

Is the "JSONTAG" the "people"?
Metadata / MOVED: How to export .txt file...
Last post by StarGeek - Today at 12:07:48 AM