Can't reove keywords and hierarchicalkeywords (what can I do?)

Started by RobiWan, January 14, 2022, 04:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobiWan

Hello,

I have some images with keywords/ hierarchicalkeywords with wrong characters (wrong coding)
Here is a example https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoVT5QC8ezdqzXHAQ68lwmGs0JeZ?e=6nA4Np. Maybe someone has an idea how I can remove all keywords from images

Thanks Robert

Phil Harvey

Hi Robert,

The command to delete all keywords would normally be:

exiftool -keywords= -subject= FILE

But the keywords are stored in 2 places in your sample file, and ExifTool doesn't write one of them -- I'll have to look into this in more detail when I get a chance.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

RobiWan

Hi Phil,

thank you very much. I don't know how it happens.

Robert

RobiWan

Hi Phil,

did you maybe have time to look at it and also find a solution for it?

Robert

Phil Harvey

Thanks for reminding me.  I'm very busy right now but I'll try to get to this when I can.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

RobiWan

Phil Harvey

Phil Harvey

Hi Robert,

OK.  This is a bit tricky.  I've seen this before with XMP tags. ExifTool won't currently edit the EXIF section of Photoshop metadata unless an EXIF tag is specifically written.  The reason for this is to avoid recursion since Photoshop metadata may be written in EXIF-format files.  Also, IPTC tags really shouldn't be written in this location.

But in your file the IPTC already exists in this location.  Currently the only way to force this to be written is to also write any EXIF tag (ie. -exif:resolutionunit=inches)

I will patch ExifTool 12.43 to allow IPTC to be updated (but not created) in the EXIF information of PSD files so that this hack won't be necessary.

- Phil

RobiWan

Thank you very much Phil!.

In my case - I mean Capture One created this files.

Robert