Previous topic - Next topic

Newsky

Problem file:

No Problem (after "Save metadate to file" in LR):
Sorry for my english. I use Google translator

msitekkie

Quote from: Phil Harvey on November 06, 2014, 11:46:38 AM
Hi Leonel,

You will get this message if none of the source tags exist in the image.

- Phil

Hi Phil,

many thanks for all your hard work on this, (stepping in when the big guys leave us high & dry!) looks like just what I need :). I know Picasa has been deprecated by Google and WLPG by Microsoft, but Windows 10 Explorer seems to understand the people tags used by WLPG so I'm trying to convert Picasa Face tags to WLPG tags.

I used the command: >exiftool.exe -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP" "D:\Myfolder"
and also get the message "No writeable tags set from D:\Myfolder"

I checked beforehand that the face tagging info is present in Picasa and I also downloaded the latest convert_regions file from SourceForge.
I tried two other folders with the same results apart from a single file (which wasn't obviously different) which worked"
Any thoughts?

Robin

Phil Harvey

Hi Robin,

The MyRegionMP tag converts the MWG RegionInfo.  Perhaps this doesn't exist in your image.

What is the output of this command for one of your files?:

exiftool -struct -G1 -s "-*region*" D:\Myfolder\somefile

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

msitekkie

I think I have resolved this myself. Although I went through a conversion process some time back to convert my photos from using the original/default Picasa method of storing the face tag information (where I believe the face tagging was/is stored in a database), to storing it in the file, when I use exiftool -a -G1 filename it looks like this hasn't taken and I need to use to use the "Tools, Experimental, Write Faces to XMP" option in Picasa.
I had "Store name tags in photo" set in options so appears to be OK for more recent photos.

Hopefully this information will be of use to others anyway.

CoolSwoosh

Phil, I tried the below command (to skip any files that have MWG tags) and it does not seem to work for me, or I am using it in the wrong place. It is going through the folder but saying that most files failed the condition. Here is my full command:

Z:\exiftool.exe -config z:\convert_regions.config "-regioninfo<myregion" -ext jpg -r "z:\personal\pictures\2002\July 2002\" -if "not $regioninfomp" -struct -overwrite_original

Quote from: Phil Harvey on September 24, 2013, 07:16:13 AM
Yes.  Add this to the command:  -if "not $regioninfomp" -struct

- Phil

Phil Harvey

MyRegion is derived from RegionInfoMP, so if RegionInfoMP doesn't exist then your command won't do anything.  So your command won't do anything for the files that satisfy your -if condition.

Do you want instead to use -if "not $regioninfo" ?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).