Keeping video audio and removing all other metadata

Started by ijenjcdkmsd, April 27, 2024, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ijenjcdkmsd

As the subject title says, I am struggling to keep my video's audio whilst removing all other metadata. Currently just using the -all tag which of course removes everything but is there a way to save the audio data and then re apply it to the video or is there a way to just ignore audio during the initial cli request.

The file is .mp4

StarGeek

Exiftool cannot do any edits to any tracks in a video, audio or otherwise.  If you have a file that exiftool is removing audio from, then it would be appreciated if you share it because that would be a bug.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

ijenjcdkmsd

Sorry I think this was a mistake on my end, I just redid it and there now seems to be sound.

Would you be able to let me know how you would go about removing all metadata from a mp4 given it's file path?

Currently I am doing something like this:
                powershell_command = rf""".\exiftool.exe -overwrite_original -all="{file_path}" """
                subprocess.run(["powershell", "-Command", powershell_command], shell=True)

but I am getting the error: 'No file specified'

ijenjcdkmsd

ignore this too, this now works:
powershell_command = rf""".\exiftool.exe -overwrite_original -all= "{file_path}" """

StarGeek

You might want to add this as well
-CreateDate= -ModifyDate= -Track*Date= -Media*Date=

These are tags that cannot be removed from an MP4 file and are unaffected by -All=. The above options will set these time stamps to 0.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).