Main Menu

ExiftoolGUI

Started by BogdanH, March 29, 2010, 05:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BogdanH

My first post in brand new Exiftool forum -congratiolations Phil- and.. a big thank you for making dedicated GUI section in this forum.

As some may have noticed (when checking after new GUI version), I have switched to another internet provider. Now, besides benefits (less cost, greater bandwidth), there is a downside: as it seems right now, my new provider offers no web space for free -thus, I need to rethink available long term options. Meanwhile, if there will be some "major" change in GUI, I'll find the way to share it with those interested (that's for sure).

Greetings to all,
Bogdan

Phil Harvey

Hi Bogdan,

Welcome to your new forum. :)

I allow ZIP attachments up to 10MB here, so you can upload new versions as attachments if you want.  (not the greatest distribution method I know, but it's one option.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

cakeboss

THANKS! let me ask you, what is the latest version of the GUI software? I see you posted at the end of march, and your latest dated one is last december 2009, is that correct?

also when i use that version, i can see the serial number of the camera, but i cannot see the serial number of the lens, like i do when i use exiftool (-k).

My ultimate goal is to be able to delete these serial numbers, and i cannot even do that with GUI, unless i do not know how.

Can someone help me be able to delete the serial numbers in the exif, either with the GUI or with exiftool itself? pretty please!!!!!???? :-\

Phil Harvey

I responded to the exiftool application side of cakeboss's question here

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BogdanH

Hi,

Quote from: cakeboss on April 08, 2010, 04:08:52 AM
THANKS! let me ask you, what is the latest version of the GUI software? I see you posted at the end of march, and your latest dated one is last december 2009, is that correct?
Latest GUI version is v3.38 [Dec.2009] and can still be dowloaded from http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/. Not knowing when exactly my account will be closed, I posted my notice in last minute there -so there's at least something (as long as it last).
As you can read, meanwhile, Phil has offered me to "attach" GUI file here and, of course, I'll use this option (if needed): if there's some serious bug in GUI or something really important is needed to be changed.
That is, right now, I don't see the reason to increment GUI version number. My next "to do" is to improve "Exiftool direct" usage -I admit, the way it works now isn't very practical.

also when i use that version, i can see the serial number of the camera, but i cannot see the serial number of the lens, like i do when i use exiftool (-k).
GUI is supposed to shows all data delivered by Exiftool.

My ultimate goal is to be able to delete these serial numbers, and i cannot even do that with GUI, unless i do not know how.

Can someone help me be able to delete the serial numbers in the exif, either with the GUI or with exiftool itself? pretty please!!!!!???? :-\
As I can see, Phill allready explained that better than I can. Btw. in GUI, using "Exiftool direct" button, you can modify tags the same way as if using Exiftool directly. But as I allready mentioned, this GUI option needs some usability improvements.

Greetings,
Bogdan

cakeboss

thanks phil's exiftool app in the other thread worked. as for direct tool, i can try it again, but maybe you can tell me step by step what to click to, for example, change a serial number tag? thanks.

BogdanH

Please visit http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/faq_gui.htm and look after "Using Exiftool direct button".

Bogdan