Warning: No writable tags set from "Images"

Started by Rajasekar, April 05, 2024, 02:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajasekar

Hai Need Help!!

i had extracted .gpx from go pro Video and images,
iam trying to write the gps data to the all images,

i had following this steps from "https://www.reddit.com/r/gopro/comments/tvguss/comment/i3dmvj2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3"

i used "E:\Video\gps\exiftool-12.80>exiftool.exe -geotag E:\Video\gps\out.gpx "-Geotime<XMP:DateTimeOriginal" "E:\Video\gps\Ext""

But iam getting this "Warning: No writable tags set from E:/Video/gps/Ext/frame_001.jpg"

Please Help Thank you

PH Edit: Removed uninformative screen capture

Phil Harvey

I suspect that XMP:DateTimeOriginal doesn't exist.  Try just removing that argument from the command:

exiftool.exe -geotag E:\Video\gps\out.gpx "E:\Video\gps\Ext"

If you continue to have problems, read here for some tips.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

That Reddit post was specific to dealing with a video that had been split into separate frames and includes a link to instructions on how to add the XMP:DateTimeOriginal to all the files.  If you are not splitting a video into separate frames, then you shouldn't follow those instructions.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).