Main Menu

Excel Office 2019

Started by ODYSSEUS, August 12, 2019, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODYSSEUS

The metadata are put in them as request by microsoft

I send you a snapshot of the metadata ++ application where you can see that the metadata are iregistred as xml

So I send you in attachd files a zip file containing only the xls files (that's not strategical files)

and I pass the command

exiftool -xmp:all -csv -r table_xls > table_recap_xls.csv

whitout success (no errors but

ODYSSEUS

As I said previously the metadata exists (generated by the genuine microsoft application ) and as you can see on the snashot in my previous post yous can see them with metadata++ application registred as XML

PLease write me by mail

I send you the complete dir in zip files contains these xls using dropbox or else

Phil Harvey

Unfortunately, the "File not found" error is likely because of the special characters in the file name.  Support for Unicode characters in Windows file names has been a real headache for me.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ODYSSEUS

Re bonjour Phil

It's easier to test in live, so I send you a onedrive's link by MP  where you can download the dir including the xls file

As I said previously the metadata are generated with the excel application and you can see them using metadat++ apllication whre you can see that there are registred under xml

I use that command

exiftool -xmp:all -csv -r table_xls > table_recap_xls.csv

in attached file, you will find the target file generated by exiftool

Phil Harvey

OK.  I'll look into this as soon as I get a chance.  Give me a couple of days.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ODYSSEUS

Unfortunately, the "File not found" error is likely because of the special characters in the file name.  Support for Unicode characters in Windows file names has been a real headache for me.

I delete this file and folder

This not product none effect and the problem stay insolved

I know that the encode char is a nightmare for all of us and microsoft add one more .

:'( :'(

Well the pb seems to come from the recursive -r option because remeber that if we test on a single file we get the metadata

Thank you take the time you need. of course  and good afternoon for you

Phil Harvey

Sorry for the delay.

I don't get the same thing as you.  When I run this command

exiftool -xmp:all -csv -r Table_xls > out.csv

on Windows 10 with ExifTool 11.63 I get the attached .csv output file that shows "Creator" information for all of the xlsx files (but none of the xls files).

When I look at the files individually, I see the same thing.

The file you sent earlier ("Fiche passagers.xlsx"), I get a different output than the version you sent in the whole zipped directory.  The earlier version contained XMP Title, Subject and Creator, while the new one has only Creator.

So I am not able to reproduce the problems you are having.

- Phil